I'm creating a native component using Native Component Toolkit v4.
I've built the item and zipped it to a library, then imported the library to Maestro. However, the item does not appear in the 'Custom Components' tab of the palette (or anywhere else in the palette).
I previously created another component and it is visible in the palette.
There are no error messages during build or import, and the library resources tab shows the component is present, but it still does not appear anywhere to be selected to enable me to add it to a form.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Is the library 'included'? On the libraries tab you can click on the library and there are include and exclude buttons at the top of the page.
I've made some progress; I can see the component in the palette and have added it to a form.
However, in the editor it appears as a blue line (when selected) with height = 0. But when I Preview the form in Maestro it shows as a visible text field with label and so on - there are still some other bits I need to add.
It also seems that the Angular code has not been processed. Would that mean I need to write some code in the 'app' js file?
What is the code expected to do? The template file has examples of code snippets, but no explanation of what other functions it could, or should do. Is there some more documentation about the broader process of creating a native component?
Yes, that was the problem.
I was looking for those buttons in the Global Libraries list rather than the Project level Libraries tab.
So, thanks for the tip. I can now see the component in the palette; but looks like I need to do some more work to define the component properly.
for anyone who is interested I got this working!
There are quite a few moving parts that all have a say in the end result. There are the html structure, the js app controller, the css, the widget definition, and then a few steps in Maestro (mentioned above) to import the library and then 'include' it in the project.
Keep an eye on the console in Maestro and also the browser once the form is published. The Angular and some other messages/errors take a bit of interpretation, but in the end it all led to a working native component.
and it looks quite good, even if I do say so myself.
Probably not a great return on investment, but at least the new component looks like it belongs on the form as it has the look and feel of a Maestro field (customised to our Brand).
Hope that helps someone.