1
0
-1

Hi,

we have a few Composer forms that use a legacy greenID service.

I was trying to update the service to the latest Connector: vixverify-greenid, however, there are some problems.

The service expects some inputs as request parameters, such as 'medicaredvsCardColour'. I have set the data model binding the field to this name, however, it seems that the value is not passed to the service, as I receive a DATA_ERROR.

I tried to rename the field, however, the above name exceeds that allowable character limit for field names.

Is the data model binding enough to get that value to appear as a request parameter?

The service is read only, so I can't edit the code to check the request parameters. Is there a way to check the request parameters?

Thanks

Mark

    CommentAdd your comment...

    1 answer

    1.  
      1
      0
      -1

      Hey Mark, you can see what request parameters are sent to the service by activating the developer tools in your browser and monitoring the network panel.

      1. Mark Murray

        Hi Ben,

        of course; great suggestion. I was so focused on the code in the service, that I didn't think outside the box.

        Thanks

        Mark

      2. Mark Murray

        Hi Ben,

        I've just interrogated the network traffic and found the problem.

        The filed Medicare Card Colour on the form has caption text = Medicare Card Type, and a field name 'MedicareCardColour'.

        The field is mapped to 'medicaredvsCardColour' in the Data Model.

        The network traffic shows that the request parameter is the field name: MedicareCardColour

        However if I try to set the name to 'medicaredvsCardColour', the field is restricted to a maximum number of characters and I cannot fit the full variable in the name.

        I get: medicaredvsCardColou - notice the missing 'r' at the end.

        The same occurs for some other fields that have long names.

        How can I overcome this issue?

        Thanks

        Mark

      3. Ben Warner

        Sounds like Composer has a 20 character limit for field name. You could export the service and edit the contents to change the name and modify the read-only flag and import it again. Then point your dynamic data call at your new service.

      4. Mark Murray

        Hi Ben,

        that's a great approach.

        I'm keen to use the Avoka Connector services where they are provided, so using your above approach does that. It means I need to update my copy manually if/when the Connector service gets updated, but we will gradually move away from Composer and get all our forms into Maestro, so that will only be a short term issue.

        I'll go with that approach for now.

        Thanks

        Mark

      CommentAdd your comment...